Saturday, February 24, 2007

Good Stuff

What a great day!

What a great week!

I've been out of town most of the week. That's why I haven't been blogging. But here's just an example of the kinds of things that have happened this week:

An acquaintance of mine ordered new living room furniture. While I was out of town the furniture company called and told him it would be arriving early. Because he didn't have a place for his old stuff he contacted me to get rid of it (for those of you who don't know, people always call youth pastors to get rid of their junk - I mean useful items - like 8 track players, broken VCRs that just need "someone to take a look at", TVs without knobs, Atari controllers without a game system, boxes of hats with misprinted words, Carman VHS tapes, etc.).

Long story short...our church's youth room doesn't need any more furniture in it. But before we started down this adoption road Rhonda and I talked about replacing the stuff we had in our own living room. (well, mostly Rhonda...I mostly just smiled, patted her knee, and nodded because the stuff's still good, just a bit outdated.)

When the adoption process started, Rhonda realized that new furniture was out of the question.

But today we've got new (as in different and better) Lay-Z-Boy brand furniture in our living room.

But it doesn't end there.

I loaded (Rhonda says I should put "we" instead of "I" here but I'm not sure stumbling across the snow counts) our old living room furniture in my truck and debated what to do with it.

THEN...

Our Indian friend (as in from India, not Native American) popped in and visited. Long story short again...their family has been borrowing furniture for the entire 2 years they've been in Toledo. In fact, today is the exact 2-year anniversary of their arrival. They have been praying for furniture. The next step seemed obvious. We drove the ALREADY LOADED furniture over to their house and unloaded.

But that's not all...

She called the man who loaned them the furniture to tell him that he could have it back. The man informed her that just a few hours earlier he had visited the Cherry Street Mission, Toledo's homeless shelter, where he met a family that needed furniture.

So the stuff that was on loan to our Indian friends for 2 years became available on the exact day it was requested by a needy family.

So four families received "new" furniture today. Only one of them planned it.

Now convince me that ALL THAT was a mere coincidence!

2 Comments:

At 11:15 AM , Blogger Michelle said...

Mere coincidence? I disagree! I once had a pastor's wife tell me that there are no such things as coincidences. They're merely miracles where God chooses to remain anonymous. She calls them God-incidences. I believe that's what we have here!

 
At 12:13 PM , Blogger Jenny said...

That is so cool! Who says God isn't in the little things? He meets our every need.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home