Great Moments Thus Far
We're only a few months into this process and we've already had some great moments. These are the ones on my mind today:
- Sitting with Rhonda by the computer and showing her for the first time what I felt God was asking us to do together. I had no idea what she'd say.
- Rhonda's response: "I've had this feeling like there's something more I should be doing with my life. This is it!"
- Praying together and making the "final" decision as an entire family (approximately a two week process). Wow, was that ever amazing! Something the girls will never forget.
- That our girls were able to keep it a secret for nearly two months.
- That Rhonda wasn't!
- Bethany's and Kailey's decision to "downsize" independent of our influence or coersion. Both girls are giving up their rooms for a smaller one.
- Three teens telling me they want to donate all the money they made for our youth group's dinner theatre fundraiser to help us financially with our adoption. Right around $300! I was absolutely speechless. All I could do is cry.
- The generous monetary Christmas gift from our youth workers.
- Finding out that some of our friends are also adopting internationally. Sorry, it's a secret. They haven't told anyone yet (except us). I can't tell you who they are.