Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Kailey as a Big Sister

A month ago if you would have asked me I would have said Kailey was having somewhat of an identity crisis trying to figure out what her role was going to be in this new family. She was no longer the baby of the family. How would she adjust?

So far so good. She’s become a great big sister. We’ve seen a nurturing instinct in her this week that wasn’t visible before. She’s taken it upon herself to pull Neti and Meke under her wings and show them the ropes.

4 Comments:

At 4:55 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

I've noticed the change in Kailey prior to you heading to Ethiopia as well. Her life really changed, but I'm so glad to hear that she's adjusting so well to her new role. Kailey...I'm so proud of you! You are doing such a great job with Meke & Neti! Keep up the great work.

 
At 5:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just out of curiosity... how do you pronounce Neti & Meke? :)

 
At 5:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, nevermind, I just found where you posted that information months ago! :) Love your story!

 
At 10:18 AM , Blogger Apryl said...

Glad to hear that Kailey is doing well as a big sis--if her treatment of my kids was an indicator I never would have doubted! This is a worry for most families, we are glad to hear that Kailey is doing well with losing her babyhood.
Take care,
Apryl

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home