Wednesday, September 19, 2007

To Stray a Bit...

At the risk of straying from what this blog is about (Neti and Meke) I feel there's an explanation needed.


Evidently, my last post offended at least one person who felt my comments were ethnocentric (i.e. thinking my race is superior to others). After re-reading my post by itself, I can see how a person could come to such a conclusion. However, if you've been a reader for long, hopefully you've seen my heart (i.e. this post).

Bottom line...the last post was not intended to thumb my nose at anyone and say "we're better than you." It was simply to creatively tell of the brand new things our girls experienced in a 24 hour period. In hindsight, I should have provided more information (which, by the way, I do in the comments of my last post).

5 Comments:

At 11:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

you handeled that response well. jcn

 
At 5:13 AM , Blogger Dave said...

Good job Trace--very even handed and tempered response. I hope the person can see you and Rhonda's heart better now.

 
At 1:41 PM , Blogger mmmmm said...

As usual you have displayed the love of Christ to someone, when it would have been easy to react otherwise. I went back and re-read your post, was not offended but loved the extra info about the pictures. Added some thoughts of my own as well. Love and miss you guys.

 
At 11:54 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

I must agree...you handled yourself well & continued to let God shine through you & the situation as well. I personally loved the post & appreciate your humor.

 
At 8:58 AM , Blogger Kyle Northrop said...

No Need to apologize!!! It is a shame that in todays society people just look for things to call some one
whatever that big word is. I see it everywhere whether its Don Imus, or Ken Burns,or Isaiah Thomas, everybody makes comments and somebody wants to take it out of context. If someone is as little minded as that previous poster then they should keep their comments to themselves. It just ruins a good moment. This was the first Time in a month I had checked the blog and my experience was hampered by one person. HOW LAME!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home