We're starting to settle into some normalcy (is that a word?) around our house. A few highlights from the last two days:
- Neti beat me TWICE in "Memory" (the child's matching card game...and I was trying my hardest)
- We've noticed that Meke doesn't shake her head "yes". Instead, she raises her eyebrows and throws her head back.
- Speaking of memory, Neti knows nearly all of the English words for the pictures of nearly every card in the Memory game. She's picking up the language very quickly. We're thinking she may even be ready for kindergarten this fall.
- Neti asked for "ice and water". Pretty soon she'll be speaking in full sentences.
- Meke always says "auntie" (pronounced on-tee) all the time. Does anyone know what that means in Amharic?
- Meke's dinner tonight: 3 pieces of ham loaf, a cup of corn, a banana, 5 strawberries, and 2 slices of homemade bread. Almost before we removed her bib after dinner she asked for a banana. She asks to eat at least once every hour or two. Is this normal?