Monday, July 09, 2007

Day 4 - Monday

Today was the big day. Forget the siteseeing stuff. I'll get to that later. We met Neti and Meke. They're every bit as cute as their pictures. And they're as shy and polite as can be.

Neti has lost several teeth. We used it to break the ice a bit and get a grin. They both seemed anxious to meet our family but didn't quite know how to respond once we were actually there. Having been on several mission trips to Mexico, I found myself wanting to speak Spanish to communicate. After initial hugs and introductions and realizing the language barrier was in full-effect we stood in the parking lot just holding hands with our family in a circle.


The orphanage director tried to get them to talk right away. All they could manage was a whisper every now and then with much prompting. It took awhile but they definately warmed up. We made a family book with pictures to show them.
Neti is mezmerized by Kailey's straight blonde soft hair. She felt it over and over. She also seems to understand a bit of English. And she's already got our names down pat.
Meke's extremely shy. She struggles with the girls' names a bit but calls me Poppy. I'm more than OK with that.


I hope to upload some video later today but it'll take awhile (yesterday's 15-second video took almost three hours to upload!).


What a great experience!

8 Comments:

At 11:38 AM , Blogger Dave said...

WOW! OK, when Im done crying, I'll re-read but can only praise God for His goodness and your obediance to truly take care of widows and orphans. Bless yas'!

 
At 12:33 PM , Blogger Kyle Northrop said...

Tracy,
My sister is stuck in baby talk she is so excited for you guys. Those pictures are great. Cant wait to hear from you again. See you soon.

Kyle

 
At 3:52 PM , Blogger Carpenters said...

Seeing the last picture of the whole family made me think, "Your family is now complete!" What a blessing for everyone to be together! It is so wonderful that the older girls could be there too for this special time. You are definitely one proud "Poppy". Congratulations.
~Penelope

 
At 4:44 PM , Blogger Traci said...

I'm with Dave...I have tears in my eyes as I read this entry and look at the pictures. Praise God you are finally together as a family!

 
At 7:35 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

As for the tears...Ditto! I am so extremely happy for all of you. Your family of 6 is a great looking family! :-) Congrats Poppy...and the rest of you as well. You all are in my thoughts & prayers as I read your journey from North Carolina! Love all of you Waals!

 
At 8:20 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

Break out the Kleenex people.

That's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. I have to go though, so I can watch it five more times.
Your sweet family is finally complete.
Blessings upon Blessings,
Smiths

 
At 10:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

...BEAUTIFUL...you are blessed

 
At 12:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow.... words seem so inadequate. I am so excited for you guys. We are praying for your family daily. Can't wait to meet the girls.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home